Google

Sunday, October 7, 2007

ArtPact #2

(Originally published on November 27, 2006).


I am presenting to you the first painted version of NitzkuA, wearing his mommy's hat, which I have finished only 30 minutes ago.
As promised, fresh from the easel.

Interestingly, painting the face was real fun, and not as hard as I feared (felt like I was caressing his face with my brush).
I actually thought I was all done yesterday, but an artist friend (JanieP), who came over and saw the painting, stated nonchalantly: "Very nice! And now you can start working on the background and the coat" . . .

. . . so I did, slaving over it most of last night and today.



A good friend told me once that when I show my paintings, I should shut up and refrain from giving my own interpretation, as tempting as it may be.


OK then, MichelleD, I am keeping quiet.

Click on the image to see a bigger version of it.



"Mommy's Hat #1"
Watercolor on W/N CP Paper, half-sheet (15"x22", 37 x 55 cm).

No comments: